On February 19, 1942 the Goffstown Mothers Club was established to “provide a study group for mothers and to sponsor a scholarship for a deserving student of Goffstown High School”.
Throughout its’ history the Goffstown Mothers Club has continued to provide its members with personal enrichment through programs of interest, informative speakers, crafts, demonstrations and social activities. Just as important, is our contribution to the community. We are proud to have provided scholarships to graduating high school seniors each year since 1949.
In addition, we have made contributions to our local schools, the public library, and programs for the elderly, as well as other community projects. Over the years the Club has been involved in such projects as the Red Cross Blood Drive, Pre-School Vision and Hearing Clinic, local food pantry, the school census, dental clinic, swimming classes, Saturday afternoon movies and dancing classes for area children. In 1956 the Club founded the first kindergarten in Goffstown and ran it until 1976.
The Club was also instrumental in establishing the library at Maple Avenue Elementary School in 1958.